Mechatronics is the combination of Mechanical engineering, Electronic engineering, Computer engineering, Control engineering, and Systems Design engineering in order to design, and manufacture useful products. The purpose of this course is to introduce you to basics of modeling, design, planning, and control of mechatronic systems, and the applications and development trends.
The course takes robotic system as a typical mechatronic system for case study. The main contents include:
(1) System structures and applications of mechatronic systems;
(2) Kinematics, statics and dynamics of manipulators;
(3) Path and trajectory planning algorithms, and motion control methods;
(4) Principles and applications of actuators;
(5) Principles, structures and data processing techniques of sensors and vision systems;
(6) Hardware/software control architectures.